Nutrition and Culture
With this activity you will be able to apply knowledge about the relationship between nutrition and culture.
Use the following situation to make the plan of care.
Jean moved to the Midwest at the age of 30 from his home country, Iceland, where he ate seafood almost every night for dinner. He ate fruits and vegetables every day, but the variety was limited. In his new home, he complains that it is difficult to find a good seafood that is as fresh as at home, tastes different and is more expensive. He also, misses the dark brown and black breads he is used to. He is willing to try the American breads, but he is not sure which variety is good. American fast food is well known to him, but he doesn’t want to rely on that to satisfy his need for family meals. He wants to eat foods that are healthy, tasty and affordable.
Make a care plan where the cultural factor is evident; following the steps of the nursing process.
1. Dear Patient
2. Nursing diagnostics in PES format according to NANDA (one real)
related to ____________ manifested by __________________
3. Nursing diagnosis at risk (one)
4. Expected results (NOC) (minimum 2 for each diagnosis)
5. Nursing interventions (minimum 3 interventions per diagnosis)
6. Rational scientific to each nursing intervention
7. Evaluation of the 2 expected results of each nursing diagnosis
Estimated Patient Data NANDA Nursing Diagnosis Expected Results
(NOC) Nursing Intervention (NIC) Scientific Reasoning Evaluation (Achievement of goals)
Components of the personal system
Components of the interpersonal system
“PES” is an acronym that stands for Problem, Etiology (related factors) and Signs/Symptoms (defining characteristics)
Instructions to incorporate into the assignment
1. Collects relevant, diagnostic-related information.
2. Includes information about the patient’s past health history.
3. Collects information related to the aspects:
4. Makes use of primary, secondary and tertiary sources for data collection.
5. Presents an analysis of data on:
a. Laboratory tests
b. Medications ordered to the Patient
6. Identifies patient problems based on interpretation of data obtained.
7. Writes nursing diagnostics correctly.
8. Lists nursing diagnostics in order of priority, including current and potential problems.
9. Care Planning
A) Identify patient needs based on your estimate.
B) Write clear, specific, realistic, measurable objectives in terms of the patient.
C) Writes nursing orders based on expected results.
D) Plan patient care in collaboration with the health care team and family.
10. Implantation of care:
A) Performs planned nursing activities according to identified needs.
B) Justifies nursing action based on scientific principles.
C) Provides for continuity of patient care.
11. Evaluation of Care:
A) Shows evidence that it evaluates changes in the health condition.
of the patient.
B) Evaluate based on results.
C) Makes the necessary modifications to the activity plan.
A) Presents work in logical order.
B) Uses spelling and grammar correctly.
C) Presents a bibliography with references.
recent, APA format and a minimum of
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies