Online learning and educational inequality Assignments | Get Homework Help
DBQ 1. Week 3 Online learning and educational inequality
Article to this DBQ 1, I will post it separate. Thank you
As we saw in Chapter 8 this week, there are significant inequalities when it comes to education across the US. What has often been called an “achievement gap” is more likely to be called an “opportunity gap” by education scholars as this term recognizes the role that unequal resources play in educational outcomes.
After reading the article on e-learning/online learning, please answer the following questions:
1. What role does socioeconomic status play in a student’s success or struggles with online learning? What two specific e-learning challenges do you believe present the biggest threat to educational equity? Why?
2. What is one policy suggestion presented in chapter 8 that could be applied to the issues with e-learning discussed in the article? Please explain.
3. What two e-learning challenges presented do you believe have the biggest impact on student learning? Why?
DBQ 2: Poverty and Play Spent
This week’s DBQs will be on inequality and online learning as well as a simulation of the tough choices folks make when living in poverty. Please make sure that you have read the brief article and played the game SPENT (both links are in this week’s module) before attempting to access the DBQs.
For this week’s discussion, I thought it would be fun to play a game and think about the experience. You should play the game through until the end (i.e. you run out of money) and then take a screen shot of your results. Once you have completed this, please answer the following questions:
1) Did you make it through the month? If yes, how much money did you end with? If not, on which day did you run out of money?
2) What was the toughest decision you had to make? Why was this decision the most difficult for you to make?
3) After reading and discussing functionalism, conflict theory and symbolic interactionism, select one perspective and use it to analyze your experiences while playing SPENT.
*Make sure to include a screenshot of your results from the game in order to get full credit on this DBQ!
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies