1. Make sure you read the chapter in the book FIRST regarding operant conditioning AND watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ctJqjlrHA BEFORE you do this activity. This will help you understand the task better. If you cannot click on the link, copy and paste into your browser.
2. Go to the following link. http://www.kscience.co.uk/animations/anim_5.htm#top (There are no instructions other than to select option 1, 2, or 3. It is up to you to figure out how to get things to happen. Some of the things you may encounter are “virtual candy” and noises. Make sure your speakers are on.) If you have any problems accessing the skinner box, try right clicking in the box and then click play. Also, use the regular number keys above the letters on your keyboard and not the keypad.
3. What principles of operant conditioning did the activity use (positive or negative reinforcement or positive or negative punishment)? Discuss your experiences with the activity (how did you figure it out, etc.). (Warning.. you need to stick with the activity. It can be tricky to figure out, but don’t give up! Stating you could not figure it out or that it didn’t work will not provide credit for the assignment) 🙂
4. Think of a real-life example of operant conditioning (perhaps one you experienced or used on someone else, do not use reality shows or television shows as examples). Describe the example and identify which principle of operant conditioning was used.
– Initial post has to be at least 200 words (this does not include titles, references or any information other than your actual response to the question)
– Make sure you check for spelling and grammar issues (these are not text messages and need to follow formal rules of writing).
– No direct quotes (all information must be put completely into your own words and cited)
– Use APA style citations
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies