O’Reilly & Associates
O’Reilly & Associates. (2002). Organizing information—Organizational challenges, organizing web sites and intranets, and creating cohesive organization systems. In Information architecture for the World Wide Web (Chapter 3). Retrieved from http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/web2/infoarch/ch03_01.htm (Links to an external site.)(Note: You will have to click “next” twice to access all of Chapter 3. Three webpages are devoted to this chapter. All “chapters” available in this online eBook are relevant to this course. If you are looking for more in-depth insights into information management, you might want to read them all.)
Based on the O’Reilly & Associates reading for this week, describe how one (your choice) of the following “systems” is organized:
1. your closet
2. your personal collection of audio or video media (i.e., CDs or DVD/Blue Ray discs)
3. files on your smart phone/laptop/desktop computer
4. the cracker/cookie aisle in a grocery store
5. DVD/Blue Ray/games in a video store (e.g., Family Video).
Include the following in your description:
• Provide a general description of principles and purpose for the organized system.
• Indicate if the system has an exact or ambiguous organization scheme (per O’Reilly article).
• Explain if and why the system of organization is individual or communal (i.e., one or many users).
• Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the system of organization.
• Share ways to improve retrieving or accessing the items in the system.
1. General Description of System
Principles and purpose of system provided.
2. Specific Description of System
Uses terms and descriptions from O’Reilly article.
3. Strengths and Weaknesses
Thoughtful analysis of the system’s strengths and its weaknesses.
Lists at least one change to the system that might improve item retrieval or decrease a problem/issue with the system.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies