The purpose of this assignment is to:
Reflect upon and articulate personal and professional values, beliefs, and practices.
Create original artwork as a medium to express meaning to the art and science of nursing.
Compare and contrast nursing philosophies of peers.
This assignment meets the following course objectives and program Student Learning Outcomes (in parenthesis):
Discuss the key concepts of selected nursing theories. (Student Learning Outcome 2, 3, 5, 6)
Articulate a personal philosophy of nursing. (Student Learning Outcome 1, 5, 8)
1. Recall a nursing theorist/theories to whom you relate.
2. Reflect on your personal nursing philosophy and definition of the nursing metaparadigm.
3. Create artwork that reflects your beliefs. Artwork can be on any medium and cannot be computer generated.
Artwork MUST be an original piece of artwork created with paper and crayons, colored pencils, clay, play dough, etc. no computer generated submissions will be graded. Use symbols designs, shapes, objects, and colors that represent your nursing theory. This is to be explained within the paper.
NOTE: Exclusive use of colorful words on a page is not considered acceptable for this assignment.
1. Write a one paragraph summary of your personal philosophy of nursing by reflectively writing. This requires thinking about an event or idea and analyzing it’s meaning to nursing practice. This is an opportunity to articulate personal values and believes about professional practice and the role as a registered nurse.
2. In at least four pages, detail personal beliefs related to the four concepts of the nursing metaparadigm.
Use the TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL REFLECTIVE PAPER listed below.
3. Include a specific and detailed clinical example for each of the nursing metaparadigms. Clearly link values and beliefs to a behavioral example.
4. Organize your paper with a cover page, introductory paragraph, personal nursing philosophy, beliefs and values defined and explanation of the artwork in the paper, and theorist most closely followed.
An abstract or reference page is not necessary.
5. Use the concluding paragraph to reflect on what you have discovered about yourself and what changes you plan to make in your practice as a result of the course.
6. Upload scanned artwork as a pdf file and attach as a comment to the assignment. Contact Canvas support for technology help 24/7.
10. Post the artwork and the descriptive paragraph (from the reflective paper explaining the work) to Discussion Board #4 in Module 7.
Adapted from: Hernandez, C. (2009). Student articulation of a nursing philosophical statement: An assignment to enhance critical thinking skills and promote learning. Journal of Nursing Education, 48(6), 343-349. doi:10.9999/01484834-20090515-08.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL REFLECTIVE PAPER: Follow the rubric
Nursing (i.e., nursing actions)
What is your definition of nursing?
Is the metaparadigm concept nursing an art, a science, or both? Is it a process or a product (set of tasks)?
What is nursing mainly (e.g., caring, therapeutic healing, building relationships)?
What is the role reflected in nursing (e.g., doing for, being with [being present with], working with)?
There does ethics fit in? Who or what is the object of nursing’s concern?
Give a specific clinical example.
What is your definition of health (e.g., includes absence of disease, ability to perform social roles)?
Is health on a continuum? Can clients have a chronic illness and still be termed healthy in your definition of health? What if the client’s view of health and your view of health are different?
Give a specific clinical example
What is your definition of person (e.g., set of behavioral systems, bio-psychosocial and spiritual being)?
Who is the person being nursed (e.g., client, family, community)?
Give a specific clinical example
Are there different components to environment (e.g., emotional, spiritual, social, cultural, mainly physical)? Is environment separate from person? What is the nurse’s role in terms of environment?
Are there internal and external environments, or is what is internal to a person part of the person?
Give a specific clinical example
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.