The first assignment!
3.5 Assignment: Persuasive Essay Detailed Outline
1. Read Writing an Outline 3.5
2. Read Developing an Argument 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7
3. Open the document, Persuasive Essay Outline, change the name, and save this document to your computer. This is the template you will be filling in with your information for your topic.
4. Select the blue comment icons for more information on what should go in each section.
5. This is a topic outline. *You do not have to write in full sentences except your thesis and topic sentences.
6. Organize your notes where they fit in your outline. *Be sure to include citations.
The second assignments!
4.4 Assignment: Persuasive Essay Submission
For this assignment, you will write your research paper based upon the outline you constructed in 3.5. Please remember the requirements of this assignment:
Persuasive paper topic must be of national, international, or broad cultural interest and be debatable. You must clearly take one side of the issue. Since abortion is used as an example in this course, you may not use abortion as a topic.
You should support your thesis using a variety of sources in a logical, organized argument. Your paper should also show elements of pathos and ethos. Your thesis should preview your three subtopics.
Your audience is a mixture of Christians and non-Christians, so you should plan on using more than scripture to persuade your audience
Minimum of 1250 words for the essay. Word count does not include title page or references page
Use Academic Writer to create and format paper. APA formatting for title page, text, in-text citations, and reference page. (Do not forget the running header and page numbers, or to double space throughout.)
Minimum of five sources, four of which must be from the OCLS Library Databases and must be timely (within the last five years).
1.Review the rubric above to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. You will write your research paper based upon the outline you wrote in assignment 3.5. See the requirements in Background Information (above).
3. You are expected to apply the skills you learned from this course, resources, and your instructor’s feedback on your thesis and sources to write your rough draft.
( this is a writing class, my instructor never gave me any sort of feedback)
4. Go back to Academic Writer to write your essay. Start a new paper. Watch the video: Creating Your in-Text Citation in Academic Writer to learn how to create your in-text citations. ( I don’t think you need someone to teach you how to do cite sources :D)
5. Write your persuasive research paper. Focus on transforming your outline into full sentences and paragraphs, using the sample essay as a model and integrating citations along the way. *Make sure you are not plagiarizing when you paraphrase or summarize a source.
6. After your first draft, let your paper rest for a day (if possible), and then come back and compare your paper point-by-point to your outline to see if you are missing anything. Revise accordingly. You also may wish to review the grading rubric for this assignment to make sure that you meet the requirements.
7. Run your paper through Grammarly (Sign-up link). Remember that Grammarly is good about finding errors, but the solutions are not always correct, so carefully assess each situation. If you have questions about Grammarly feedback, email your instructor.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies