Poem about cats
4.16 Write A Poem Assignment
Review me assignment requirements carefully Your poem
• Must contain at least two poetic devices among alteration onomatopoeia. simile. metaphor, personification. hyperbole See below for definition and examples
• May use any structure Ones we’ve review n class are hakus or rhyming poems
• After you have completed your poem choose one poetic device, and explain why you used it and its effect on your poem
Poetic device examples and definitions
• Alliteration – Repeating consonants or vowels in multiple words
o Example Totally Tom was too talkative this morning on the big bus
• Onomatopoeia -Words that are spelled the way they sound
o Example ZZZZIP. CRASH. BANG SHHH
• Simile – Comparing Two things using like.
o Example Jan was as happy as a dam
• Metaphor -Comparing two things not using like or as
o Example Love is a rose
• Personification – Giving human characteristics to objects or animals
o Example The hand of the dock crept across its face
• Hyperbole – An exaggeration
o Example I ate so many tacos I have a fiesta n my stomach
This is to be middle school work. Keep it very simple. A poem about fluffy clouds or kittens would be great. Do not make it too good.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies