Express the feeling of loss/ pain/ change/ strength but courage.
– having being told at 15 years old I would probably never walk. Being told I would like never play another sport, as I shattered my foot. Being athletic and playing all sports from lacrosse, basketball, dance, gymnastics, hockey, and volleyball. Has been my life.
– showed me I had the strength and passion to heal to make the comeback
– the mindset to have the strength to beat what a dr said that said it could not be done, made it so much better.
– after 6 months of rehabilitation but motivating to all, it gave me gratitude to always push myself. To remember the boundaries of the body and mind.
– seeing what has come from a traumatic foot injury it gave me the goal of being a sports medicine dr, able to see the impact sports have on people but how to build and connect on a deeper level.