1. RESEARCH QUESTION & HYPOTHESIS (200+ WORDS)
• Review some literature (AT LEAST ONE ACADEMIC JOURNAL ARTICLE) & develop AT LEAST ONE specific research question & related hypothesis.
• Discuss the importance/significance of the research topic.
2. OPERATIONALIZATION OF VARIABLES (200+ WORDS)
• Describe your dependent & independent variables to be tested in the study.
• Describe how to define & measure the variables.
• Describe other potential explanatory (control) variables in the analysis. It typically includes demographic & socio-economic variables that may influence the relationship between the IV and DV. Discuss & justify why you are including those variables.
3. SUBJECTS FOR STUDY (200+ words)
• Identify your research subjects (persons or things). What or who will be studied?
• Describe how you will select the subjects and how you will reach them.
• Describe the type of sampling techniques that you will use to select a sample.
• Explain why you have selected that sampling method.
4. DATA COLLECTION/RESEARCH DESIGN (200+ WORDS)
• Describe in detail how you will actually collect the data for your study. Will you observe behaviors directly or conduct a survey or interview? Will you employ true or quasi-experimental design? Will you use secondary data (i.e., police data or data from NACJD)? Criminal Justice research often include more than one such methods.
• Explain why you choose the method(s)
5. ANALYSIS PROCESS (100+ words)
• Briefly describe how you will test your hypothesis using the data you collect.
• Discuss any issues or limitations of your study.For more information on Research of Criminal Justice check this: