Research Paper Writing Assignment
• Check the syllabus for the quiz schedule (12 total, 2 dropped). They will cover the
material from our classes including the chapter readings and power points.
• Quizzes will be posted online (on HuskyCT) after class on Thursdays at 5 pm. You
will have from then until the following Tuesday at 12 noon to complete the quiz.
• You will receive 2 attempts for each quiz. Your highest grade will be taken. DO NOT
email me requesting additional attempts (This is why you need to use your 2 dropped
• All quizzes are open book, open note (this is why you need to take notes in class!)
but will be timed. You will need to be familiar with the chapter reading and class
material relevant for each quiz.
• Quizzes will be 10 questions each and you will have 12 minutes total. That is just
over 1 minute for each question! Use your time wisely- I will not reopen quizzes if
they timed out before you could finish.
= 100 points
Annotated Bibliography in APA Format:
• An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and documents. Each
citation is followed by a brief (usually about 150 words) descriptive and evaluative
paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the
relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.
• The purpose of this assignment is for you to begin the research process for your POI paper
and practice using APA format for citing your sources.
• Minimum of 3 academic sources (scholarly articles from journals, books, documentaries,
• Do NOT use non-scientific resources such as pop culture websites, blogs, etc.
• See syllabus for due date
= 50 points
Person of Interest Research Paper (POI):
• The point of this assignment is for you to not only explore a communication
disorder more thoroughly, but to also try to understand what it might be like to
live with that disorder.
• For this paper, pick a person of interest who has dealt with a communication
disorder- this can be someone well-known like Gabby Giffords, Helen Keller, King
George VI, and even Barbara Walters OR can be a more personal take if someone
close to you has been affected by a communication disorder.
• In FOUR PAGES, use a research paper format to explore the details of their
particular disorder, the struggles that accompany that disorder, and how they
have overcome those obstacles.
• Use APA format for citations. The References page does not count as one of your 4
required pages. No title page, abstract, or section headings required. Just focus on
using correct in-text citations and forming your references page.
• You must include a Title. “POI Paper” “Research Paper” etc. are NOT appropriate
• Include your name, date, class, and assignment on the upper left corner.
• You must have at least 3 academic sources (textbook, scholarly article, etc.)
Websites can be useful, but do not count as “academic” sources. Feel free to use
them for definitions, quotes, or statistics, but you still need 3 academic sources.
• 12-pt font (something traditional, nothing crazy)
• Double Spaced
• Submit ONLY as PDF or Word doc. DO NOT submit in Pages (MAC).
• This assignment will be submitted in stages. See syllabus for due date(s).
o Grading breakdown of drafts:
§ 1st draft (first 2 pages only) = 20 points
§ 2nd draft (draft of the whole paper- 4 pages) = 30 points
§ 3rd and LAST draft (complete, finished version) = 50 points
I will be grading for:
• Appropriate depiction of the disorder (sufficient description and details of
• Appropriate description of the POI’s experience
• Checks all requirements on checklist
• Overall organization and quality of writing
• Adherence to APA format
• Appropriate research/number of sources
= 100 points
• For this assignment, I want you to explore how what you’ve learned this semester
can help in your respective fields/majors.
• In 1 page, you may choose one of the following topics to write about:
o How the overall knowledge of communication disorders impacts your future
profession, field, or major.
o How a research in a particular disorder impacts your field.
o How a particular disorder has affected your field.
o If you can think of another application of knowledge from this class that
you’d like to explore, contact me in advance to discuss and receive
• Use APA format for citations. Outside citations are not necessary- this is a firstperson paper from your perspective. Only use sources if giving a statistic or fact, etc.
• Submit ONLY as PDF or Word doc.
= 80 points
• There will be two opportunities for extra credit this semester, each worth 5 points.
• Answer all the bonus questions correctly for the entire semester. Each week, I will
post a bonus question that will be based off of something I said in class. This will
not be something from your textbook. It could be an example or anecdote that I
shared, a personal story, etc. The point is that if you don’t come to class, you won’t
get the answer right.
• Participate in any research project within the Speech, Language, and Hearing
o You must provide documentation as proof of your participation. This
can be a copy of your consent form or a specific slip/receipt of
= 10 possible points
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies