RESEARCH SCAVENGER HUNT
RESEARCH SCAVENGER HUNT
Discussion 7A- Research Scavenger Hunt
-Complete this assignment to find sou”THE NAHUATL AND THE HUASTECOS, ISSUES RELATED TO THEIR RIGHTS”
-Create an annotated bibliography, and locate a few key quotes and idea essential to your topic. Use the OWL page on Annotated Bibliography and the Library Tutorials for the databases to help you.
-Follow this pattern for each item:
1. Using the database Academic Search Premier:
A) Find a source from a journal published after 2005 related to the topic of your essay.
B) Use the Source Evaluation Checklist to analyze the quality, bias, and appropriateness of the source.
-Respond to the questions to write a paragraph. Be sure to include a quote that captures the main idea of the source and cite it properly in MLA format. This paragraph is your annotation.
C) Finally, use the citation tool in the database to generate an MLA style.
2. Using the database Proquest News and Newspapers find a news article related to your topic published after 2010. Repeat steps B and C.
3. Using the database Opposing Viewpoints in Context, find an editorial or other viewpoint article related to your topic. Repeat Steps B and C.
4. Use the Internet to find a source that you think is appropriate, trustworthy, and persuasive to include in your essay. Repeat Step B. Use Purdue OWL, Easybib, or another citation generator to create an appropriate MLA citation. Make sure to check anything you use Easybib or another citation generator to compile, as they are not always correct.
5. Use the Internet or any database to find a source that you think is NOT appropriate, trustworthy, and persuasive to include in your essay. Repeat Step B and C. Will you include this in your final draft of your essay or works cited?
6. Use the Internet or any database to find a source that shows an opposing viewpoint to your position in your essay. Repeat Step B and C. Will you include this in your final draft of your essay or works cited?
**Source Evaluation Checklist**
What type of source is this (web, book, journal article, etc)?
Is it published by a reputable organization? Is this organization impartial or position-based? What do they gain from persuading you on this topic?
Do you detect bias or prejudice in the language?
Is there an author listed?
What can you learn about this author? What else as he/she written? Where do they work? What is the basis of their expertise?
Is the purpose of this source to inform, persuade, entertain or some other purpose?
Does the source expect the reader to have an opinion? If so, what?
Does this source assume the audience is informed on the topic or just learning?
What does the language of the source tell you about the audience or purpose? Is it for professionals, kids, general audience adults, or someone else?
Does this source use specialized terminology? How well can you understand it?
Does this source appear professional or amateur?
Are there errors in the content or writing? Broken links? Ads? Weird stuff? Comments?
When was this source published? Is the information still relevant?
Does the information or argument posed in this source make sense? Do you see fallacies or gaps in logic? Can you easily think of ways to dismiss the source’s position?
Can you find reviews or commentary of this source?
Can you crosscheck the information in other sources?
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies