1) What are your overall impressions of “The Jilting of Granny Weatherall?” Why? http://people.morrisville.edu/~whitnemr/html/The%20Jilting%20of%20Granny%20Weatherall.htm
2) At the end of “Cathedral,” the narrator has an epiphany. How would you describe it? Why?
3) How do you feel about the essay “A sound of Thunder?” Why?
4) What is one thing you liked and disliked about Amy Tan’s “A Pair of Tickets?”
5) In “Young Goodman Brown,” why is Brown’s new bride Faith “aptly named” according to the narrator? What does the name “Goodman Brown” suggest about the character of the protagonist?
6) In “Miss Brill,” what explanations might there be for Miss Brill’s thinking, in the last line of the story, that she “heard something crying”?
7) In “To Build a Fire,” the man is never given a name. What is the effect of his being called simply “the man” throughout the story?
8) What are two things you learned from Chapter 42: Writing About a Story?For more information on Response Discussion Questions read :https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=Response+Discussion+Questions&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go&ns0=1