risk assessment report for “Shorncliffe” in Brisbane City Council area
Your task is to finish a suburb-scale natural hazard risk assessment report for “Shorncliffe” in Brisbane City Council area. Residents in “Shorncliffe” (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) are keen to increase their knowledge and understanding of natural disaster risks (must including flooding, coastal hazards, droughts, and bushfires) in their area, so they can manage the risks properly by treating the riskiest hazards first with the limited budget.
Not only the risks of the four above-mentioned major hazards but any other environmental hazards (such as severe storms, earthquakes, heat waves, landslides identified) should be described, analysed, and ranked.
The structural of this report should be like the example risk assessment Report i provide. See Table of Contents from file “example risk assessment Report” for more informtion.
Guiding questions for this report:
• Understand the structure of a hazard risk assessment report by referring to lecture notes and risk assessment reports available on Blackboard and online
• Collect background information required for risk assessment
• Start writing the report by describing the suburb, and the scope of the project.
• What is the history of each hazard (river floods, coastal inundation, droughts, bushfires etc.) in this suburb? (List of events, worst-case scenario?)
• What is the local condition of the suburb that make it prone or not prone to each hazard, and why?
• How vulnerable is this suburb and its components to each type of hazard?
• What are the existing PPRR controls for each hazard? Is evacuation or other related information available to the public?
• For drought risk assessment: You can assess drought risk for the whole council or catchment area, instead of just a suburb. The reason for this is drought is a chronic hazard which normally impact a wider geographical area.
• Also consider the effect of climate change when assessing risks. How will the risk change in the future? Useful link: https://www.disaster.qld.gov.au/cdmp/Documents/Adaptation-Plan/Climate-Change-Factsheet.pdf#search=climate%20change
• After you have analysed the hazard risks, determine which kind of environmental hazard is more tolerable in the suburb. Which hazard should be treated first?
• For conclusion, make recommendations for the authority and the suburb community to make it a safer place to live.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies