In this assignment, you will find and analyze data on the major exports of China and India into Canada. You will then try to explain why these countries export these goods.
Industry Canada Trade Data Online
Background data collection and analysis:
1. Download data on the top 25 products imported into Canada from China and India (separately) in 2018. Choose Search by Product, then select Trade Type: Total Imports, Trader: Canada, Trading Partner: China and India (separately), Time Period: Specific Year (2018), Value in: $ Canadian (Current Dollars), Product Options: Top 25 Products (HS6 Codes).
2. Choose three of the top 10 products. Determine whether these are commodities (i.e., agricultural products, fuels, or metals), low-skilled manufactured goods, or high-skilled manufactured goods, and research what inputs are used in producing these goods: resources, raw labour, human capital, or physical capital. Are these countries abundant in those inputs?
3. Download data on the top 25 products imported into Canada from China and India (separately) in the year of the year of the 1990s corresponding to the last digit of your B00 number. For example, if your B00 number ends in 5, collect data from 1995.
4. From the lists in products in question 3, examine the top three products and determine whether they are substantially different types of products from those exported by China and India in 2018.
In your essay, describe the products that China and India export to Canada and how these exports have changed over time. Describe in general terms what kinds of goods these are, and consider what kinds of inputs are used to produce them. Does a country’s resource availability affect its exports? Rodrik (2006) shows that, in 1992, both China and India exported goods that were more sophisticated than their income levels would have predicted. Explain how Rodrik measures export sophistication. In 2018, do these countries still exhibit more export sophistication than you would expect?
Your essay must have a title, an introduction, and a conclusion. Make sure to define your terms and provide appropriate background information. A possible essay structure contains five paragraphs:
• a first paragraph that briefly introduces the argument you will make in the essay;
• a second paragraph describing exports in 2017;
• a third paragraph describing exports in the 1990s;
• a fourth paragraph describing how exports have changed over time, including an analysis of their sophistication as explained by Rodrik;
• and a fifth, concluding, paragraph that briefly describes the main points you have made in the essay.
The maximum length is 500 words plus a two-page data appendix; include a word count at the end of your submission. Include the grading rubric as the first page of your submission. Use Chicago or APA style, and write in 11- or 12-point font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins. Provide a bibliography listing the references you use, including the class PowerPoints if relevant. You must submit a hard copy (in class) and an electronic copy (on Brightspace) by the deadline. Please note that the electronic copy will be submitted to anti-plagiarism software.
The data appendix should include enough detail for the grader to determine that you downloaded the correct data and performed the calculations accurately; if not all of your data fits on two pages, you may decide to include only the first and last years of information. Required charts and figures go into the body of your essay; any supplemental charts and figures should be placed in your data appendix.
• Late submissions: -10 points per day, starting immediately after 4:05 p.m.
• If you submit only an electronic copy and no hard copy, you will receive a zero on the assignment.
• If you submit only a hard copy and no electronic copy, you will receive a zero on the assignment.
• No rubric: -1 point.
• No data appendix: -2 points.
• Data appendix over two pages: -1 point for each additional page.
• No word count: -2 points.
• Over 500 words: -1 point for each additional 50 words (e.g., -1 for 501 words, -2 for 551 words, etc).
Why Choose Us
At Acme Writers, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Acme Writers, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
Acme Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Acme Writers maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, Acme Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: support@Acme Writers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
Acme Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At Acme Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Acme Writers, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Acme Writers has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
Acme Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.