Select Lighting System and Lighting Controls (writer must be a specialist in interior design or architecture)
This project is based on IES – The Lighting Handbook, 10th and the attachment presentation. you will complete a light design specification for a residential project. The successful project will incorporate theories, regulations, and codes from our textbook, lectures, and projects.
I hope this project will help you develop an understanding of lighting controls and how luminaire design controls light to support the required tasks while enhancing the interior environment. Upon successful completion of this project students will be expected to:
• Incorporate in their design communications, working knowledge of the terminology used in the field, the measurement, and control of light;
• Assess the constraints of certain lighting sources and their effects on color rendition and other energy-related issues;
• Be capable of evaluating an existing lighting installation as to whether it is achieving the goals of a successful design response;
Students will create a complete lighting design specification package for a residential interior environment.
• Project Brief (typed) –
o Brief client profile that includes the age range and lighting needs of the individual.
o Lighting needs analysis – briefly describe the types of spaces and range of illumination needs (illumination levels, controls, color temperature, energy requirements, etc.) You may create a program if you find it helpful but this can also be submitted in narrative form.
o Length: 2-3 pages.
• Light Fixture Specifications – select and include manufacturer cut sheets for three (3) fixtures in this project. The cut sheets should indicate the following items which should support the needs identified in the project brief:
o Length: 1 PDF per fixture.
o lumen output
o color temperature
• Building Control/Smart Home Brief – You have no budget. Incorporate as many control systems that are appropriate for your project and your client’s needs. Focus on simplicity of use whenever possible.
o Control Protocol selection and rationale
o List of all control devices used throughout the project.
o Space by space analysis for at least two (2) spaces in your project.
Length: 1 page per space.
Desired Scene Controls (at least two with indication of which devices are controlled)
Desired Automated Controls
Desired Fixed Controls in space (wall-mounted switches, fixtures, etc)
1-My client is man from Korea originally
He lives in USA for almost 12 years now
He lives alone
He has his own company small one
o 3- Length: 1 PDF per fixture.
o lumen output
o color temperature
Nonuniform perimeter lighting patterns are achieved with varied effects. One effect results from spotlighting at Art painting in background 1. Another effect results from wood feature wall around the fireplace sitting area 2 which introduces its own nonuniform but crisp brightness patterns. A third effect is achieved with small table and floor lights in background 3. These same techniques combine with dim lighting in this particular setting to elicit the impression of a warm home.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies