You may have heard the phrase “servant leadership.” This is the concept that the greatest leaders are the ones that truly serve others. Jesus spoke of this principle in his own life and ministry in Mark 10:41-45, and we see further examples of it in Paul. You will have the opportunity to explore Paul’s description of service in detail in 2 Timothy and survey some other examples. The aim is to integrate biblical principles of leadership with biblical principles of service to become true servant leaders.
As you investigate Paul’s letters for this assignment, you should be aware that in Greek there is only one word that is translated as both “servant” and “slave.” Thus, while we may somewhat separate these two concepts by the words we use, this was not fully available to Paul and the other authors of the New Testament who all wrote in Greek. You should keep your eyes open primarily for places where Paul is talking more about serving God or serving one another rather than the social roles of slaves.
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Read the entire letter of 2 Timothy in a standard translation of the Bible as noted in the syllabus.
3. In your textbook, Jesus is Lord, read Chapter 49.
Use the link below to access the link
4. While 2 Timothy does not mention the specific term “service,” much of book is made up of Paul’s reflection on his own life’s work and advice to Timothy for how to serve his church. Choose one passage relevant to service from 2 Timothy. Read it carefully and examine examine a reputable commentary and its notes on the passage (commentaries can be found at the Bible Study Tools link).
5. Use Bible Study Tools to find one passage in Paul’s letters related to service (e.g., serve, serving, servant, servanthood, etc.). To limit your search to Paul’s letters, click on the dropdown menu next to “Book” and select “Pauline Epistles.” Then enter your term (serve, servant, etc.) into the “Search the Bible” box and press “Find it!” This will generate a list of passages with that term that you can sift through and read.
6. Navigate to the threaded discussion; make an initial post of approximately 150-200 words in two paragraphs. The first paragraph should discuss the two biblical passages you investigated in #3 and #4 in order draw some lessons about service from Paul’s letters. The second paragraph should describe your own thoughts on leadership. Reflect on what you can learn personally from this discussion of service in Paul’s letters.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.