Social Issue and Policy :Assignment: Advocacy Letter and prepare a 3-minute type oral presentation.
# TOPIC: DACA Immigration law and favor of the law! Keep the American dream alive!
Using the social issue and policy you researched for your policy analysis term paper, please write a letter to a local, state, tribal, or federal elected official or bureaucrat to raise awareness of a social issue and to urge government intervention. Letters to lawmakers aim to influence lawmakers’ priorities and votes. Letters to agency/bureaucratic officials aim to influence how a policy or program is implemented.
No citations need to be included in the letter, but they should be available upon request – in case the lawmaker asks for more information. We can actually send these letters, so please look up and include a correct mailing or email address for the recipient.
Be sure, if you are addressing a lawmaker, that you address federal lawmakers for federal laws, and state or local lawmakers for state or local laws. Alternatively, if the implementation of a law is your primary concern, you may find it more appropriate to address a government agency (bureaucracy) leader (usually, a Secretary). You will be graded in part on selecting an appropriate recipient and on finding the person’s address.
The letter should be no more than one typed page, single-spaced (including address, return address, date, and signature.) Any longer, and you may lose the interest of the reader. Thus, you will need to be concise and persuasive. Choose your words carefully, making every word count.
Your letter should include (not necessarily in this order), and continued on the next page:
1. A statement of who you are and what is your expertise related to the problem (e.g., you are a user of services, a provider of services, a researcher…)
2. A concise, clear statement of the social problem or issue, including a definition, if not commonly understood.
3. A brief summary of key data that documents the size and characteristics of the population impacted and the trends in recent years related to the problem (i.e., research and statistics about the scope and possible causes of the problem, which helps document the need for action.) It may be useful to present this data in bullet format for digestibility.
4. Brief summary of current policy (if not commonly understood) and its weaknesses, to document the rationale for corrective action. It may be appropriate to also acknowledge strengths, proactively addressing counter-arguments.
5. If appropriate, a short statement summarizing your personal story, or the story of a client, or someone you know who has been impacted by this problem or policy, protecting confidentiality if applicable.
6. A presentation of a policy or programmatic alternative to address the problem. This may be a proposal currently under consideration by the governing body (including renewal of an existing policy), a proposal presented by an advocacy group, or your own new idea.
7. A very short summary of the strengths of this proposal.
8. A concluding statement reviewing the need for action and a clear recommendation for change (i.e., renew, expand, modify, or replace the policy), written in persuasive and very clear language. (Make your ask.)
3-minute Oral Testimony / DACA LAW – YES, it should stay and favor of the law
Sometimes, the time available to speak to lawmakers is short, whether it is during a 5-minute meeting with the Governor, on the Senate or House floor, in a committee meeting, or while sharing an elevator at the Roundhouse. Thus, being able to deliver a policy argument concisely and persuasively is a valuable talent, highlighting a rationale for the desired policy action in just a few minutes.
Using the social issue and policy researched for your policy analysis term paper and the key points identified for your advocacy letter, please prepare a 3-minute oral testimony to share with the class during one of our last class sessions.
This assignment has the dual purpose of educating your classmates about new social welfare policies and giving you practice with oral presentation. Note: it will be very important to practice your short speech before delivering it to the class!!
Your testimony should include:
• Clear statement of the issue the policy addresses
• Key data documenting the trend related to the problem and the size of the population impacted
• Summary of current policy, AND its critically evaluated strengths or weaknesses, as a rationale for policy action
• Clear policy recommendation: maintain, change, discontinue, or replace the law or program (i.e., make the “ask.”)
Why Choose Us
At Acme Writers, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Acme Writers, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
Acme Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Acme Writers maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, Acme Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: support@Acme Writers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
Acme Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At Acme Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Acme Writers, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Acme Writers has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
Acme Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.