Social justice issues in american history. (sustainability)
Part 1: Research Paper
Purpose: The purpose of this portion of the project is for students to complete a research project which combines historical research about a social justice issue in American history with knowledge of its current ramifications.
Knowledge: Students will learn about the historical basis of a social justice issue that exists in the present day.
Through the completion of this project, students will acquire the following skills:
1. Identifying an academic vs. a non-academic source.
2. Locating information contained within academic sources.
3. Composing an original thesis as the basis of your writing assignment.
4. Formatting an essay according to APA format.
5. Writing a research paper to support your thesis.
1. Identify the social justice issue you would like to research. The choices are: immigration, sustainability, a living wage, or human trafficking.
2. Conduct background research on your issue. This is where you gather more information about your movement, narrow down your focus and choose the sources that you will use for your research. You must use a minimum of 5 academic sources. Examples of academic sources include the following: books, academic journal articles, websites (reputable websites typical end in .org or .edu), newspaper articles, magazine articles, documentary films, and interviews. AS the purpose of this project is to gain experience on college-level academic research, encyclopedia articles should be avoided. Under no circumstances should wiki sources be used (these are not peer reviewed)! If you have questions about whether or not you have chosen an academic source, please consult with the professor.
3. Compose a thesis statement. Make an argument about the social movement you are researching (this should address why the movement is still relevant today).
4. Create an outline for your essay. The outline should begin with an introduction (where you will present your thesis statement). The first section of your essay will discuss the historical background of the social movement you have chosen (3-4 pages). The second section of your essay will discuss current issues related to the social movement (1-2 pages). For the final section of this project, students will write a conclusion reflecting on how their historical research enriched or affected their perspective on the movement they researched and/or discuss any contributions they may have been inspired to make to the address the present issue (1-1 ½ pages).
5. Write your essay. Your essay must have an introduction, a thesis statement and include all three required sections. It must be no fewer than 6 pages in length, with the first section having a minimum length of three pages (including introduction), the second section having a minimum length of two pages, and the final section having a minimum length of one full page. It must also follow APA format and include a cover page and a works cited page.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies