1. Over the history of the census, how have racial categories changed? Provide examples. What does this suggest about the socially constructed nature of race?
2. What is a minority group and what are the key characteristics that define a minority group in the field of social science? Why might the term minority cause confusion?
3. What is group closure? Using an example from history or current times, describe how group closure is used to maintain racial inequality.
4. Define institutional racism and explain how it differs from racial discrimination at the individual level. Give examples of each (individual and institutional racism), specifying how your examples illustrate the difference between individual-level and institutional racism.
5. Using examples, compare overt racism with colorblind racism. Which do you think is more prevalent today? Which do you think is more damaging?
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads
Families and Intimate Relationships-Week 11: November 4-10
Unlocked: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 10:40 AM EDT – Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:59 PM EST. Must post first.
6. Describe Talcott Parsons’s view of the family. What are two criticisms of his approach?
7. Describe the symbolic interactionist approach to the study of the family. Use the studies mentioned in the textbook to illustrate your points. Discuss the approach’s weakness and potential blind spots when it comes to studying the family.
8. In the 2012 summer issue of Atlantic magazine, Anne-Marie Slaughter, who was the first female director of policy planning at the State Department, wrote an article titled “Why Women Still Can’t Have It All.” In the article, she argues that women today still struggle to balance a family and their career. Explain how a feminist perspective on the family may help shed light on this issue.
9. Discuss the differences in family patterns between white and black families.
10. Does cohabitation lead to divorce? What explanations have been proposed to understand the relationship between cohabitation and divorce? Please answer using research from the textbook.
Why Choose Us
At Acme Writers, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Acme Writers, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
Acme Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Acme Writers maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, Acme Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: support@Acme Writers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
Acme Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At Acme Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Acme Writers, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Acme Writers has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
Acme Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.