Please read this first:
Two different song Analysis, two pages each so start the second one as if you are writing a new paper because it is, i decided to add all as one 4 pages order instead of two separate orders.
Select a Song and Analyze It.
IMPORTANT! A song Within the era from (1980’s). Please it has to be within This era.
NOTE: NOT ANY OF THESE SONGS BELOW:
Michael Jackson, “Billie Jean” 410 Madonna, “Like a Virgin” 413
Prince, “1999” 416
Bruce Springsteen, “Born in the U.S.A.” The Police, “Don’t Stand So Close to Me”
U2, “Pride (In the Name of Love)” Peter Gabriel, “Sledgehammer”
Mötley Crüe, “Shout at the Devil” 442 Metallica, “One” 445
Run-DMC, “Rock Box” 452
Public Enemy, “Don’t Believe the Hype” 455 Minor Threat, “Straight Edge” 460
The Replacements, “Color Me Impressed” R.E.M., “The One I Love” 464
APART FROM SONGS ABOVE, YOU CAN SELECT ANY SONG IN THE ERA OF 1980’s.
•You can pick any song you like from this era, familiar or not. However, it should be–
• A song for which you have access to both audio and lyrics
• A song you like and want to spend time with
•Spend a fair amount of time listening to and thinking about your song
• You can look up historical background if you like
• You might think about the way you want to analyze your song (see below)
• You might try to determine what it is about the song that appeals (or doesn’t appeal) to you.
Paper heading should include this information–
1 Song title
3 Recording artist(s)
4 Year of release
5 Record label
6 Song style or market (e.g. Tin-Pan Alley, Country Western, Rhythm & Blues)
7 Any background or fun fact (not required)
•You can begin your paper with historical or other research-type background, but be clear that this is not meant to be a research paper. If you do use sources for this part of your paper, make sure to list them.
•Now provide a careful analysis of your song.
• Your analysis should take any perspective you like
• It should be based on your current understanding of music theory and/or history
• You could compare to other songs, or draw some conclusion as to its place in cultural history.
NOW THE ACTUAL ANALYSIS:
Your analysis should take any perspective you like
–It should be based on your current understanding of music and music history.
–You do not need to footnote or provide sources (you are providing your own conclusions)
•Important: The analysis you submit is meant to be a reflection of your own thoughts and observations about the song. It should not be just a history of the song and/or the artist.
•The analysis could be–
• Structural: you could go verse by verse analyzing musically or lyrically. Don’t just provide lyrics, you’d need to make some observation about them.
• Musical: What is the musical style in your view? Instrumentation? How is it produced? Melodic or harmonic content?
• Cultural: what the does the song mean, either when it came out, or now? Or how does it fit into your view of the prevailing culture?
• Interpretation: how do you interpret the meaning of the song, especially if the lyrics are obtuse?
• Ineffability: how does this song express things that would difficult to express otherwise?
• Popularity: If the song was a hit, why do think that was? Was that deserved?If not, should it have been?
These are simply suggestions to get you started. The important thing is that these are your own thoughts in your own words after you have spent time listening to, thinking about, and maybe doing a small amount of research about this song
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies