Strange Days for Fashion Marketing
FSH145: Fashion Marketing I
Homework 1.1: Strange Days for Fashion Marketing
Step 1: View this video of a trend forecast presented by LS:N Global.
6 major consumer market trends are described in this video.
1. Strange days—when our beliefs about the universe are not based on an eternal God, but on a 2012 discovery called the God particle . . .
2. Strange days—when you can download a product and 3D-print it in the comfort of your own home . . .
3. Stranger days—when pre-teens and toddlers now know more than adults, as they interrogate the world more through their ‘screen finger’ than through their other senses . . .
4. Stranger still—when the successes of the past—the heavy, real, solid, tangible mega-malls, stores and mom-and-pop joints of our distant, pre-digital youth—are replaced by intangible, weightless, mercurial mega-platforms such as Google, Apple, Facebook . . .
5. Strange days—when you can buy from a brand simply by taking a picture of a stranger . . .
6. Strange days—when consumers, who once came to your store, bar, restaurant or brand to buy product—something solid—now come for the experience, to be immersed, stimulated, transported, and transformed . . .”
Step 2: Choose one of the above trends, and conduct further research into the topic through internet readings. Write a brief response answering these questions:
1. How might these trends affect fashion marketing and consumer behavior?
2. Every brand needs to respond to changes in the marketing environment. Give a specific suggestion for how a fashion brand might respond to this trend to improve their marketing strategy.
• Your response should be in the form of a word document, 200 to 300 words long. Include images that pertain to your thoughts.
• Include all citations in MLA format.
• Please include a cover page with your name, class information, and title.
• Attach the following grading rubric to your work.
• Bring a printed copy to class, and upload a digital copy to the Discussion Topic.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies