Supply Chain Management Assignments :Before you start writing reports and making Excel, you must watch and read all videos and materials. Otherwise, you will not be able to give the correct answer. This will be the failure of this report. I will appeal this to the website.
Various calculation and solution methods are introduced in the video. If you cannot open the video link, please notify me in time.
You are to undertake a study to balance the risk and return of the investment portfolio of a large energy company for the next three years.
Paper and seminar
Project selection at Ewing Natural Gas
Ewing Natural Gas is a large energy company with headquarters in Dallas, Texas. The company offers a wide variety of energy products and has annual revenues of approximately $50 billion. Because of the diverse nature of the company, its Manager for Project Development, Cliff Erland, is under continual pressure to manage project proposals from the functional areas of the company. At any point in time, there might be dozens of projects at various stages requiring a wide variety of capital expenditures, promising widely varying future revenue streams, and containing varying degrees of risk. Cliff has a difficult balancing act. The company’s CEO, J.R. Bayer, is very concerned about keeping capital expenditures within a fixed budget and managing risk. The heads of the company’s functional areas are less worried about budgets and risks; they are most concerned that their pet projects are approved.
Cliff is currently about to meet with all parties involved to discuss project proposals for the next three years. He has proposals from the various functional areas for projects they would like to undertake. Each of these is accompanied by a schedule of capital expenditures over the next three years and a financial analysis of the expected revenue streams. These lead to an NPV for each proposal. (See the attached data file) J.R. Bayer has stated that the total of capital expenditures for the approved projects can be no more than $10 billion and that no more than $4 billion should be spent in any single year. Unfortunately, the capital expenditures for the potential list of projects is well over $10 billion, so Cliff knows that some of these very promising projects will not be approved. Each functional area wants as many of its projects to be approved as possible, but it certainly does not want to be shut out altogether.
1. Deterministic case: assuming there is no uncertainty to consider, find the best set of projects to invest for Cliff.: Business and Finance Homework Help
2. Risk evaluation: Now all of the capital expenditures in the data file shall be replaced with beta-PERT distributions. The values in the data file should be the most likely values, and each minimum and maximum for the distribution should be, respectively, 15% below and 30% above the most likely value. The NPVs should also be modelled with beta-PERT distributions, using the values in the data file as most likely values. However, their minimum and maximum values should be, respectively, 20% below and 15% above the most likely value. Given the set of projects selected in question 1,
a. Simulate the probability distribution of total NPV, and the probability that each budget is satisfied. For example, the results should include the fraction of iterations where total capital expenditures for the three-year period are no greater than $10 billion.
b. Compare the sample average of total NPV and its confidence interval with the exact expectation of total NPV
3. Recommend a set of projects to invest for Cliff under the uncertainties considered in question 2. The objective is to maximize the mean total NPV. There shall be a probability constraint on each budget: the probability that capital expenditures are within the budget should be at least 0.95. There will also be the usual (non-probabilistic) constraints that each functional area should have at least one project approved. Try to find the best set of projects and explain the solution approach you take in the report.
• Construct spreadsheet models that will solve the questions above – include your spreadsheet models along with all the solutions to all three questions.
• Write an executive report to Cliff summarizing the main results and recommendations.
• Assignment Cover sheet (at most 3 students for a group).
• Completed Excel file with graphs and spreadsheet models.
• Executive Report with a maximum of 1500 words (there is no limit on graphs and tables).
• Spreadsheet /15
• Report /15
• Total /30 marks
Why Choose Us
At Acme Writers, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Acme Writers, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
Acme Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Acme Writers maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, Acme Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: support@Acme Writers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
Acme Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At Acme Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Acme Writers, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Acme Writers has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
Acme Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.