Teaching English Language Assignments | Collage Homework Help
EDUC 268 Alternative Field Assignment #2:
Teaching English Language Learners
This assignment will be allotted 5 hours of Field Time
This alternate assignment is composed of video viewing and a written assignment.
“Teaching English Language Learners” 28 minutes
From the webpage:
“In this video, Professor Robert Jiménez discusses the strengths that English language learners
bring to the classroom, the importance of high expectations, and the benefits of connecting
students’ cultures with curriculum. You will also see classroom examples that illustrate the
research-based strategies Professor Jiménez describes.”
As you watch the video, consider the following questions. You do not have to answer every
bullet. Use the bullets to guide your responses:
1. Where do I start?
• How can teachers’ expectations of English language learners affect students’
learning and performance?
• How can teachers use what they already know about literacy instruction and their
English language learners to enhance their learning?
• How do teachers’ expectations impact their instruction and their curriculum
2. How can teachers build on what English language learners bring to the classroom?
• Think about English language learners. What ideas from the video might be useful
in your future classroom?
• How will you ensure that English language learners and their English-speaking
peers have equal access to the curriculum?
• How can you support students in maintaining their first language?
3. How can the classroom context support English language learners?
• How will you use multicultural literature to support English language learners in
• How does the classroom reflect the nature of the community itself as well as
materials written by the students?
• How can teachers group students so that they use their native language to support
their language and literacy development?
Spring 2020-Alternative Fieldwork Assignment #2
4. What are some strategies for teaching English language learners?
• What aspects of reading development are most critical to address when instructing
English language learners?
• How can modeling oral reading support English language learners?
• What strategies will you use to teach students how to figure out and remember
• What are some strategies you might use to encourage students’ to maintain their
native language as they develop literacy in English?
5. What did you learn from this assignment?
• Select the three most important ideas you learned from this assignment
• Reflect on why you chose those 3
• How do you think you could use these ideas in a ENL (English as a New
As for number 2 you can make it up.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies