Students are required to submit a 2000 word essay on a topic of their choosing exploring a specific new media technology/platform/practice.
Students should select a new media technology/platform/practice and construct an academic argument around it. It needs to be a specific argument, that tells the reader something about the relationship between this new media technology/platform/practice and society more generally. Don’t just give a technological description or history. For example the argument: ‘Facebook has facilitated new forms of protest’ would be a good topic, whereas a broad history of Facebook’s technological development would fail.
The essay should do the following (it does not have to be in this order):
– Briefly describe the historical development of your new media technology/platform/practice in relation to your overall argument (Do not go into unnecessary detail, 1 paragraph should be enough for most technologies)
– Articulate a sophisticated academic argument about this new media technology/platform/practice
– Critically analyse the cultures that surround the technology/platform/practice and explain why they are important or significant
– Examine any conflicts and tensions that surround the technology/platform/practice
– State why it is important to understand this new media technology/platform/practice in this way
**Essays must use at least one article from the reader, and at least two from your own research.**
– Essays must use media studies and/or cultural studies academic texts, and develop an argument in line with these approaches. If you are unsure what this means please ask your tutor.
– Understanding of new media technology: Do you demonstrate a sophisticated academic understanding of key contexts of, and cultures surrounding, chosen new media technology
– Argument: Was all academic work used directly relevant and appropriate to argument and engaged with in a sophisticated manner.
– Engagement with appropriate academic material: Do you present a sophisticated integration of the case-study with relevant theory. Have you identified and made use of appropriate resources beyond those provided in the unit reader? (You must use at least one article from the reader, and at least two from your own research)
– Referencing: Do you correctly reference appropriate academic sources with no formatting errors; have you built on enough sources
– Style and presentation: Is your essay clearly written and presented
On successful completion you will be able to:
– Understand cybercultures in a contemporary and historical context
– Develop and convey theoretical understandings of cybercultures
– Develop and apply critical analysis to contemporary cybercultures
– Develop academic research skills
!!! My essay requires 3 references total. 1 must be chosen from the weekly readings assigned in my course. The other 2 are from “the student’s own outside research”. I have included a few weekly readings for the writer to include as the “1 reading from the weekly readings”. You can locate these readings in the “additional materials” section. Please just select 1! The other 2 of 3 sources can be any peer-reviewed outside sources. !!!
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.