Watch the video and answer the following questions
This Video is a lecture by Thomas Friedman (January 12th, 2012) based on his most recent book That Used to Be Us. Other resources can be found in the Files Document Friedman Videos.
1. Describe the 5 key areas that Friedman thinks require re-investment strategies for the U.S.; e.g. Technology, Education, etc.?
What does he see as the major political obstacle we face? Do you agree or disagree? What is your rationale? In the area of future skills / competencies Friedman distinguishes between Routine and Non-routine work. Describe these distinctions and implications? Why does Friedman say that “Critical Reasoning and Problem-solving” are the key competencies that tomorrow’s employees will require? Based on the concepts discussed by Friedman, describe 3 specific recommendations you would share with a class of high school students to help them prepare for the job market of 2020.
1. Describe the career position you aspire to. (I aspire to work as a manager for a non-profit)
2. Describe what you consider to be your own biggest skill-gap; and what is your strategy to close this gap? Explain.
3. Is your current job “untouchable”? Will closing your personal skill gaps help you keep or obtain a more “untouchable” position? Explain.
See M&T’s Learning Outcomes in Course Documents and answer the following Questions:
1. How well has M&T enabled you to achieve competence in its Learning Outcomes? Explain.
2. How will competence in M&T’s Learning Outcomes benefit you in your professional career, especially for the 21st century workplace? Explain.
3. What suggestions do you have that would have made your experience in M&T more relevant for you?
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies