Windows Network Services Proposal Assignments | Online Homework Help
-Do not plagiarize.
-I will need a plagiarism report.
– Citation needs to in APA style
Windows Network Services Proposal – Identify
Each student will create a detailed, organized, unified technical solution given the scenario described below. The submission will be in a written format, with at least one diagram, and may include additional diagrams, charts, or tables. The assignment is meant for students to enhance their mastery of the material and to provide a creative and realistic way in which to apply knowledge from this course.
Opening Windows, referred to as “OW,” has hired you as an IT consultant for their Windows network services infrastructure. OW is a new advertising firm. They have hired staff, are established in two locations, and have a need to get their internal IT services configured. They have an IT staff, but they do not have the in-house expertise to address their current infrastructure needs.
You are required to supply OW with a solution which addresses the integration and configuration of their Active Directory updates. Cost is not a significant concern – OW wishes to implement the “right” solution to address their acquisition of a new company and its Active Directory forest which is comprised of a single domain. More specifically, OW is based out of Houston, TX and they have a Windows Server 2016 domain that is operating at the Windows Server 2016 functional level. They recently acquired Media Guru Group which is based out of Richmond, VA, which has a domain running Windows Server 2012 domain controllers.
There are several details about OW which will have an impact on your proposal:
• OW has a total of 110 employees in their Houston and Richmond sites. Each department will have individuals at each site.
o Executives (9 total with 5 in Houston, 4 in Richmond) – manage and run the company
o Accounts and Sales Department (30 employees with 15 in Houston and 15 in Richmond) – perform market research and maintain accounts
o Creative, Media and Production Department (49 employees in Houston) – advertising
o Human Resources and Finances (12 employees in Houston) – perform HR and financial duties
o IT (10 employees with 5 in Houston and 5 in Richmond) – manage IT for the company
• Networking equipment is already in place for both sites, which are separate Active Directory Domains.
• Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately, and there is no need to describe them.
• Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g., Finances personnel will not want Production staff to see the company’s financial details). You may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private.
• Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should be identified, however.
There are specific requirements for the assignment: The final submission should contain at least 8 pages worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 12 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. With the required diagram, and other images, title page, etc., the final submission may end up being more than 12 pages in length. It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required.
• At least one diagram must be included (not counted towards the minimum length described above); this could be a diagram describing Active Directory components, DHCP/DNS design, or anything else that is worth displaying graphically to enhance the reader’s understanding of the proposal. Additional diagrams, images, or tables are welcome.
• The submission must cover all of the major topics outlined in the Topics to Cover section. Each choice should be explained with technical and business reasoning. The solution should be reasonably detailed. Additional topics may be covered as desired.
• The structure of the final submission is flexible; however, it should be organized logically and represent a single, unified solution. It is likely that the format will include separate sections for each of the topics required, as well as a summary.
• At least two non-textbook, non-LabSim, non-Wikipedia reference is required; preferably, this would be a “best practice” guide or content from Microsoft or an experienced provider of Microsoft solutions.
Topics to Cover
Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate. The Windows Server 2016 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
Active Directory Infrastructure
• Describe features of Windows Server 2016 that will allow OW to integrate the newly acquired company’s domain into their existing forest.
• How will Forest Functional Levels be implemented?
• How will cross-forest trusts be implemented?
• How will replication be handled?
Active Directory Certificate Services
• Will AD Certificate Services used in both domains need to be modified?
Active Directory Rights Management Services
• What use of AD Rights Management Services can be implemented?
Active Directory Federation Services
• AD Federation Services
• What forest/domain model should Opening Windows implement? What is the domain name?
• Where should the domain controllers be place? Should RODC be part of the consideration?
• FSMO Roles placement
• Plan for AD backup and recovery
• Is Group Policy needed?
• What settings might be considered via Group Policy?
Other Windows 2016 Server features:
• Will WEB APPLICATION PROXY (WAP) be utilized?
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies