Yaco Vock Analysis
MRKT 310 Principles of Marketing
Integrated Marketing Communications, and the Changing Media Landscape
1. Integrated Marketing Communications. Student understands how integrated marketing communications can add value for customers.
2. Marketing communications objectives. Student can develop marketing communications objectives using the AIDA framework.
3. Promotion mix. Student can select the appropriate promotion tool to be used for different marketing communications objectives.
4. Media strategy. Student can design a simple message and media plan for a product or service offering.
• This assignment assesses your ability to relate integrated marketing communications concepts to your product or service offering and the target market you selected. Here you will let your creative side shine as you think through how you would design the marketing communications for your product or service to effectively and efficiently communicate a clear, consistent and compelling message to your target market over the next year.
• The course content does not cover IMC in great detail and you may want to refer to some open source references for more information on message design. A good one is: http://www.caad.au.edu/attachments/article/43/Class%207-Creative%20IMC%20Message%20Strategies.pdf
• Prepare your assignment beginning with a title page with your name and the name of your product or service. Then answer each of the following four questions (four in part 1 and there is not a part 2) in order and number the beginning of your response to each question. Although you do not need to repeat the question, headings should be used to separate the sections. The assignment has no specific page limit…demonstrate your critical thinking skills by applying the relevant concepts to each question, integrating them with your brand-name product, and elaborate on them for a comprehensive response to the questions.
1. Integrated Marketing Communications. Considering your new target market and any modifications, new product line extensions or new products you may have developed to serve the new target market needs, create your ‘Big Idea” to be the basis of the message strategy for all your marketing communications.
2. Marketing communications objectives. Write at least three marketing communications objectives using the AIDA framework discussed in the course content.
3. Promotion mix. For each of the three marketing communications objectives written in number 2, discuss which of the promotion tools would be the best choice to reach each of the three marketing communications objective. One tool must be advertising (traditional or online) You may have more than one promotion mix tool for any given marketing communications objective.
4. Media strategy. Discuss at least two of your media choices that you believe will best reach your target market with your advertising. Be specific with your choices, e.g. HGTV, Rehab Addict, because the product or service is targeting a do-it-yourself target market, or Home Depot website banner ads for the same target market. Or Morning TV National News, Good Morning America and The Today Show, 1st hour because your target market is educated urban workers. If using social media, discuss which social media and how they will be used to accomplish which objective.
General Submission Requirements
• Prepare as a word processed document (such as Microsoft Word). Use a simple 12-point font such as Times New Roman. Use black ink for majority of your work and only use colors if it enhances your ability to communicate your thoughts.
o Your assignment should be the equivalent of approximately five pages of double-spaced text (although more are acceptable), approximately 1/2 page for each of the eight questions (four in Part 1). You may attach exhibits that will not be counted towards the page count of double-spaced text. The cover page and References page are not part of the written analysis.
o Be sure your name, writing assignment number, and the name of your product or service are on the cover page of your writing assignment.
o Include a References page, which includes references that explain the concept and references to the actual product.
o You should use a minimum of six (6) references, four (4) of them dated 2015 to the present.
o You should use APA style for a paper which includes formatting for page numbers, page margins, etc. More information about using a style guide can be found in the UMUC’s virtual library accessible from your LEO classroom in Content “Learn to Use APA” or at umuc.edu/library.
o Upload your word processed document in your LEO assignments folder by the due date in the LEO calendar.
Refer to the grading rubric for these assignments. Be sure to note that 20% of your grade on this assignment will be based on your grammar, composition, adherence to the submission requirements, and use of an appropriate college-level style guide for writing and referencing.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies